Saturday, February 5, 2011

rainy days = soup

It's been wet and dreary here in Seattle lately (though we were lucky enough to have 3 sunny days in a row last week). The cherry tree at the end of the block has started to flower so I keep telling myself that spring is only just a couple weeks away. Soup in my opinion is one of the quickest meals to pull together and I can have it for lunch for at least 3 days. I took this recipe from Smitten Kitchen and added sausage. I can already tell that it will get better and better the more I reheat it. I was too lazy to poach and egg to serve it up a la Smitten Kitchen but I can only imagine how tasty it would be.


Here is my picture.
DSC_1965
I used spinach because that was what I had on hand and used more broth than needed (I only had a bit left in the carton and I hate leaving a small amount that is good for nothing).

1 comment: