Tuesday, June 1, 2010

SF recap

First of all, can I say that time is flying incredibly fast and now it's June?! Not that it feels like summer with the Seattle rain, summer is really just around the corner. I was super lazy after I got back from my weekend trip from San Fransisco and just uploaded my photos off my camera. I had a great time and can't wait to go back again.

Started off the trip with dimsum in Chinatown.
L1010145
It took us a while to find the official gate of Chinatown.
L1010150

Followed it up with ice cream from Ghirardelli's though we were not the least bit hungry. I could have easily shared the sundae but for some reason it didn't occur to us to split one.
L1010154

Then dinner that night, we went to the burger bar of Hubert Keller fame. It was super tasty and they had sweet potato fries! Luckily, the next day we planned a lengthy bike ride to burn off all the calories.

L1010163
We were warned that the bike route we were going to take wasn't easy and the guy who got our bikes ready questioned us to make sure we really knew what we were getting ourselves into. Apparently, no map of SF is drawn to scale and it's TRUE. At least it was gorgeous out and the views were amazing.

L1010169

L1010167

L1010162

We thought we biked 20 miles (that's what the map said) but in reality it was close to 17. I still like to say 20 miles because it sure felt that way with all the hills. We ended the night with a night tour of Alcatraz.
L1010182
They opened up the hospital on the 3rd floor and I would be lying if I said it didn't creepy me out. The place gives me the heebie jeebies!
I don't know why it looks so bright, it was close to sunset when we were there.
L1010188
Definitely some gorgeous views of the city from the rock.
L1010190
L1010191
Whirlwind tour of SF and great times with friends. I can't wait for our reunion back in October!!

1 comment:

  1. Great photos! Glad you enjoyed your trip to SF. It's one of my favorite cities :)

    ReplyDelete