Saturday, December 4, 2010

me + sports

I don't know how it happened but I've become slowly addicted to more and more sports. Soccer is the only one that I try to make an effort to watch but I've been making a bigger attempt to catch all the various sporting events in Washington. I went to a Marniers game last year, many Sounders game and went to a Thunderbirds game. I don't understand a lot of football (esp why it takes 3 hours to play a game that should only take 1 hour) so I haven't yet made it out to a Seahawks game. A couple months ago, I made a trip up to Vancouver. Vancouver and Portland are my 2 go to places whenever I get bored of Seattle. This time, I timed it so I was going to the season opener of the Vancouver Canucks. What I didn't know that it was their 40th anniversary of being in the NHL. Not only that, but they were playing the exact team (to the DAY) 40 years ago. I really lucked out because they had a cool ceremony in the beginning with highlights from the first game and brought out many members of the original team. They also gave each person a special pin to commemorate the day. Not wanting to spend $100+ on a jersey, I got a shirt to support the team. It was a great game, super exciting and I can see why people get addicted to the game.

IMG_0013
IMG_0015

No comments:

Post a Comment