Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Winter Olympics

As excited as I am about going back home for Chinese New Year. I secretly wish that I was staying here and going to the Olympics. I've been SO close to going to the Sydney Olympics (I was there just a couple weeks before the ceremony), left Beijing right before the ceremony (at least I got to see the completed Birds Nest and Water Cube) and now I am going to be on the opposite side of the world when the winter Olympics are going to be in Vancouver. As expensive as it is, I think I would have saved and splurged if I knew I was going to be around. When I am going to have another chance? No worries, there's always the Fifa World Cup 2014 in Brazil, right K?! I guess 'going to watch an Olympic event' will have to remain on my bucket list for another couple years. I do have to say that the mascots are super cute.



Thought I would add this delightful picture featured on flickr a while back.

I guess this was a sport back in 1933? Sled jumping, hopefully the landing isn't as scary as riding the sled down the ramp.

3 comments: