Saturday, August 13, 2011

coconut cupcakes with lime curd filling

I felt extra crafty over the weekend and decided to bake cupcakes for my coworkers birthday. She loves all things lemon flavored (lemon bars being her number 1 weakness). I've had this Ina Garten coconut cupcake bookmarked forever and decided that a coconut cupcake with lime curd filling would be the perfect baking challenge. I read over the reviews for the recipe and it seemed like the key to a light and fluffy cupcake was the beat the butter and sugar for at least 5 mins. I decided to use the whisk attachment instead of the paddle attachment just for extra precaution. It seemed to do the trick, the cupcakes came out moist and fluffy. I didn't have a single cupcake left at the end of the day. I'm going to call this a success and giving myself a pat on the back.

I am in love with the mini flower cupcake liners. They are so festive!
DSC_3548

No comments:

Post a Comment