Wednesday, August 17, 2011

drive in movie...an all american experience

Am I abnormal for not wanting to always go out on a Friday night? Sometimes I just want a mellow night out with a girlfriend :) Since it has been so nice in Seattle lately, we decided to go for a drive in movie! It's a pretty good deal, $8 for 2 movies. The only downside is that we can't change theaters after the first movie. We decided to watch Friends with Benefits followed by Bad Teacher (well, we didn't actually make it to the 2nd movie, FWB was over close to midnight!)
DSC_3519

I loaded up the back of the Subaru with a mattress pad and threw in tons of pillows. Voila! Make shift bed and we even brought healthy snacks with us.
DSC_3525

All we had to do was wait for the sun to set....
DSC_3523

DSC_3532

I was surprised at how fun the drive in was. While I don't condone talking during movies, it's nice to be able to talk to a friend without worrying about disturbing my neighbors. The other major plus was bringing in my own snacks! We brought hummus/carrots, cheese/crackers and grapes. I would definitely go back to the drive in again. If only it wasn't a 40 min drive!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! So much fun! Too bad my face looks mishapen in that pic. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete